Whether you’re new to link building or have been doing it for a while, I assure you, you will find something useful in this guide.
Interesting Facts on Link Building
- Google Search Quality Strategist has shown “Link Building and Quality Content” are the two most important signals for ranking websites.
- Link Building has grown 43% since 2005 and now it has reached its maximum peak.
- 72% of SEOs believe backlinks are a significant ranking factor.
What is Link Building?
Link Building is the process of getting more links to your website. Most bloggers feel writing a very informative article will help them to get more organic links to their website, but that’s not always 100% true!
Unless, you specifically work on link outreach, it will be hard for you to do so.
Back in the day, link building was a fairly easy process, with Blackhat techniques – SEOs could easily automate tools to submit to article directories to generate backlinks. In such cases, the quality of the article didn’t matter! But the launch of Google Penguin Algorithm entirely changed that style of link building.
Google released an announcement on April 24, 2012 stating that they will consider links as a ranking factor only if your website get links from high domain authority sites with a high amount of relevance.
The main focus now is on – Quality & Relevancy of Links!
Things to Consider Before Starting Link Building
Before you start a link building campaign, it’s important to check out the Domain Authorityof the sites you’re considering for link acquisition. Use Moz Bar it’s one of the best tools for checking the authority status of a domain or keyword in search results.
The next is relevancy – Domain Relevancy has a major impact on rankings. It’s an important consideration if you want to escape the wrath of Google Penguin on your search engine rank.
Benefits of Link Building
The experts of SEO Albuquerque suggest, “generating links doesn’t mean getting limitless links, rather it means building genuine links from authenticated websites.” Some of the benefits of link building are:
- Increase the visibility of your blog in SERPs
- Link building helps in getting indexed in search results quicker
- Link building is shortlisted as an important ranking factor
- Links generated from quality content will be appreciated as a valuable resource
Effective Link Building Strategies
Have you decided to implement a link building strategy for your business? Here are few of the genuine Whitehat strategies to build links effectively as recommended by the experts of SEO Albuquerque:
- Guest Blogging
- Animated/Explainer Videos
- Do-Follow Social Bookmarking Websites
- Write Informative Quality Content
- Do-Follow Blog Comments
- Directory Submission
There are many more strategies that a website owner can follow. If you have a niche website, it’s advisable to get help from the SEO Company Albuquerque to start a link building campaign.