If you are concerned about the availability of less volume of any partition in your Hard Disk, you can re-size it easily. You can perform it by using different ways such as by using a third-party new softwares or with the help of Disk Management that is a handy built-in utility in Windows 10. You can use Disk Management not only in Windows 10 but also in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1. Unlike a third-party software, it does not require any downloading or installation that can waste your precious time. So what you need to do is to use Disk Management to resize the partition. Let’s have a look what are the steps you need to follow in this context.
You can access this utility by using multiple ways.
Way#1: To open Disk Management, you need to Press “Windows + X” keys to show the hidden Start menu in Windows 10. Look here for “Disk Management” feature. As soon as you get the feature, just click to access it.
Pro Tip: You can always keep your partitions securely locked with folder lock and secure for a 2 step verification and to avoid mistakenly partition deletion.
Way#2: Open “Windows Explorer” and click “This PC” in the left pane. As soon as you select it, on the top of the window, there will appear a few options. You have to select “Manage” from them. It will take you to the “Computer Management” utility where you can see Disk Management” in the left pane.
- When you open this service, you will see all of the hard disk drives and their volume details in it.
- You should look for the drive that needs to be re-sized. Right-click the drive to view its context menu.
- From the list, you should select one of the two options i.e. Extend Volume or Shrink Volume.
Extend Volume: If the small amount is allocated to the drive and you need to increase its size, you should select “Extend Volume” option from the list.
Shrink Volume: If the drive has a significant volume and you want to reduce its size, you need to select “Shrink Volume” option here.
- As soon as you choose one of the above-discussed options, there will appear a window where you will see the available size of the drive and your desired size option. You can calculate the total size and then put the final digits to resize the drive according to your preferences.
- Once you have done with it, you should click Shrink or Extend option given there.
- Now return to the Start Screen. Go to “This PC” by using Windows Explorer and view the volume of all of the drives in Hard Disk. Check whether you have successfully done your job or not? It will show you the size of every partition.
That’s all guys! It takes a couple of minutes if you use Disk Management tool for this purpose. It will not take much of your time and you can use it to resize, delete or create a drive whenever you require.