Now that portable eReaders/e-book readers are widely available, book-lovers can now enjoy reading their favorite eBooks, novels, and other reading materials on the go. The Amazon Kindle is one of the pioneers when it comes to portable eBook gadgets. It is capable of holding an enormous amount of data that can store over 3,500 eBooks.
Amazon Kindle History:
It was August 27, 2010 when the Kindle had been developed by Amazon.com, the biggest and most trusted e-commerce website on the Internet. The Kindle uses a Wireless Technology which enables the users to access the internet and download files like the eBooks, magazines, newspapers, blogs and more. Amazon later was able to develop a kind of technology on their screen to make it clear and bright, in their newest version, the Kindle 3.
Kindle eReader features and Specifications:
- Display features: 600 x 800 pixel resolution; 6” screen; Gray Scale of 16
- Dimensions: 7.5” x 4.8 x 0.335” (190 mm x 123 mm x 8.5 mm)
- Space/Memory Storage : 4 GB
- Weighs 241 grams or 8.5 ounces
- No System requirement
- Quick charging for about 4 and half hours—can be charged on the computer via USB cable.
- Excellent battery Life – with wireless switched “ON”, it can take up to 3 weeks before the
power goes off (including activities like browsing, downloading and shopping). With the wireless
tuned “OFF”, the battery last for up to one month.
- Wi-Fi enabled – can access to the internet via hot spots. It should support 802.11b, 802.11g, and
- Has USB 2.0 port – can be synchronized with the PC.
- Has Audio features (Audio stereo speakers)
- Can support the following formats – Kindle, TXT, PDF, Audible (AA, AAX), JPEG, GIF, HTML,
MOBI, MP3 (unprotected type), PNG, BMP.
- Accessories: Rechargeable Battery, Cable for USB 2.0 and Power adapter.
eReader Tips and Usage
The Amazon Kindle is finally a product that allows you to carry not just hundreds, but thousands of books in a handy gadget. With its excellent battery power (which lasts up to 1 month), less time charging, and great screen (anti-glare), you can bring it along with you anywhere. You will be able to read inside a bus or under the bright sunlight. You can adjust the screen brightness based on your liking and of course to save battery power, you can choose to turn off the wireless function. When you want to buy an Amazon Kindle eReader can be very easy. It’s widely available on e-commerce site like Amazon and eBay.
Pros and Cons
Overall, Amazon Kindle eReader pros are its aesthetics, unmatched functionality, huge storage capacity, and power. Gauging consumer reviews, the biggest pros were the battery life, which is nothing short of spectacular, and its great screen. Its ability to support wide variety of document formats has won those people who like to read a variety of different types of literature. It’s also a big plus for the Kindle that they enable MP3 functionality. For the Cons, Amazon Kindle eReader drawbacks are its lack of memory expansion and the battery cannot be removed (in cases where you need to replace it).
The bottom line is that the Amazon Kindle eReader is definitely the best eReader in its class. Its light-weight, the bright screen, the battery life, the huge memory capacity, the way it supports the different formats of reading materials, and the way it protects itself from overheating makes it a great and necessary gadget for book-lovers. Most consumers even rated the Kindle to 5 out of 5 stars. Although it’s a bit pricey compared to other brands at $139, it is a top notch eReader. If youask yourself wich which kindle should i buy please Click Here: best tablet for reading.